"THE STRENGTH OF A NAME"
Our lives are daily filled with pressures, stresses and strains. The day when we are forced to say "I can't" is a day of tragic defeat of glorious victory.
I. LOOK AT SOME OF THE FORCES AGAINST US.
A. The forces of Satan "For we wrestle not..."
1. Satan going about as a roaring lion.
2. "Have you considered my servant Job."
B. The forces of this age.
1. Disappointment "Ye my own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat my bread." These are forces which individually can defeat you and united can destroy you.
II. THE STRONG TOWER (PLACE OF SAFETY) THE NAME JEHOVAH.
A. This name "Jehovah."
1. In Scriptures written with four consonants. JHVH.
2. A Jew would not pronounce the name. He is one who is indescribable.
a. A scribe in copying text.
b. A Jew in reading text.
3. Name never linked with qualifying adjectives.
a. The Adonahy never the Jehovah.
b. My Elohim never my Jehovah.
c. The living Elohim never the living Jehovah.
4. Jehovah literally means "The becoming one."
III. PICTURES OF THE STRONG TOWER.
A. Abraham on Mt. Moriah
1. Extreme test of faith.
2. "Where is the sacrifice?"
3. Jehovah Jireah "The Lord will provide."
a. Literally Jehovah sees - vision provision.
b. Did not say, "I cannot see."
4. Where was Abraham during the three day journey.
B. Moses conflict with Amelek.
1. Untrained, poorly outfitted army against well trained Ameleks, their regiments marching beneath their banners of their king.
2. Jehovah Nissi.
3. Israel in poor field position?
C. Gideon a farmer called to be a general.
1. Gideon expressed his fears.
a. Jehovah Shalom "our peace."
b. Ultimate result of battle.
2. Gideon's men poorly armed?
D. Jeremiah prophet of doom. Imprisoned, falsely accused.
1. In Dungeon as a result of gross miscarriage of justice. Jehovah Tsidkenu "our righteousness."
2. Jeremiah left dungeon and entered into strong tower.
E. Ezekiel by river Chebar. His harp hanging on the willow tree as he weeps.
1. Human hope is gone - Jerusalem seems so far.
2. Jehovah Shammah "The Lord is there."
3. Left place of captivity.
IV. "AND IS SAFE."
1. If you say he spent the night in a den of lions you read the story superficially.
V. THE NAME JESUS IS GREEK FOR JOSHUA JEHOVAH SHUA.
A. The name Jesus is our strong tower.
1. You faith tested - Jesus sees.
2. Life in conflict - Jesus is your banner.
3. Called to be holy service and afraid. Jesus is your peace.
4. Hope about gone - Jesus is righteous Jesus shall reign.
5. Discouraged? No way out? Jesus is there. There's strength in His name - the devil's tremble and flee.