1. Sometimes when the regular search tools on the Blue Letter Bible don't seem to be enough, a more exhaustive search method may be required. This is why we provide the Detailed Word Search function. For this tutorial, we will try to find information on Dagon (who was once worshipped by the Philistines). To use this feature, begin by clicking on the Search button on the navigation bar on the left side of the screen.
2. Now scroll down to the Detailed Search button (it's the third button down).
3. The detailed search allows a user to browse through all our dictionary entries alphabetically. Since we're looking for information on Dagon, we'll begin by clicking on the letter D.
4. This will bring up a page of all entries beginning with the letter D. So simply scroll down to the entry for which you are searching and click on it (in our case, we'll click on Dagon).
5. Now click on the drop-down menu to select which Dagon entry you would like to view.
6. It looks as if Dagon has only three entries available, but other searches may have many more from which to choose (e.g., a search for Jesus will return 22 possible entries). So now to proceed to the next step, you'll need to click once on the entry that most interests youin this particular case, we'll choose Dagon (N,E,H).
7. Now simply click on the "View Entry" button to be taken to the appropriate infomation on Dagon.
8. And here it is: the results found in Hitchcock's Names Dictionary, Easton's Bible Dictionary, and Nave's Topical Bible. Success!