Printed from the Blue Letter Bible
Many of these search features are available while reading the Blue Letter Bible, simply by clicking on the
button next to any verse in the Bible to view an English or Strong's concordance search result.
- Word and Phrase Search
- Search for any English word in the KJV Bible plus the following Bible dictionaries (CBC, ISBE, KJV, Nave's, Vines, Torrey's, Hitchcock's Bible Names, Easton's Dictionaries, and the BLB Thematic Subject Guide)
- Strong's Search
- A Strong's number search tool that searches a Hebrew/Greek concordance plus a lexicon, for any Strong's number.
- Hebrew/Greek Search by English Definitions (LexiConc)
- Now you can search the BLB Lexicon and retrieve Strong's numbers by entering English definitions.
- Detailed Word Search
- Browse through an alphabetical listing of 53,000+ entries from nine Bible dictionaries
- Verse Retrieval
- A tool to retrieve verses from the KJV Bible, including choice of whether to view Strong's numbers or not
- Multiple Verse Retrieval
- A tool to retrieve multiple verses from the Bible. You may select from ten different versions.
- FAQ Search
- We receive many questions here at the Blue Letter Bible and this tool allows our users to browse through the answers to some of our most frequently asked questions.
- Chuck Smith Content Search
- The Blue Letter Bible has three major pieces of content by pastor Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa, and now you can search that content by entering one or more keywords into this search.
- Free Web Tools
- With a little bit of HTML code, you can place some of these Blue Letter Bible search features on your own website.
Bible Word / Phrase Search Tool
- Searches the KJV of the Bible and returns a listing of all occurrences of the English words chosen and their combinations.
- Also searches the following Bible study helps: Nave's Topical Bible, Torrey's New Topical Textbook, Vine's Dictionary of New Testament Words, Easton's Bible Dictionary, the Thematic Subject Guide, and Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary.
Strong's Search Tool
- Searches the Bible and returns a listing of all occurrences of the Strong's Number, displaying a KJV Bible, annotated with Strong's Numbers next to each English word.
- Displays a Lexicon definition for each Strong's number.
- User must select either a Greek Strong's Number or a Hebrew Strong's Number.
Note: If you do not know the Strong's number offhand, you can search for it by typing an English word in the LexiConc.
Verse Retrieval Tool
- Retrieves a range of verses from the Bible with the BLB buttons.
- Ability to easily return an entire chapter, a range of verses, or a single verse. Currently limited to verses within a single chapter.
Hebrew/Greek Search by English Definitions (LexiConc)
To search for words in the BLB Lexicon using English definitions, type the word in the entry box below.
This tool is helpful to compare the different Hebrew/Greek words used for their English equivalents
It is nicknamed "LexiConc" because it is a concordance of the Lexicon. Help.
Multiple Verse Retrieval
Enter Bible Verse References